Data Cleansing is a powerful and easy to use OS X application that will help you clean up the field values in a MySQL database.
Cleansing types include:
· Case Cleansing — iNVERT cASE, lowercase, RaNdOM cAsE, Title Case, Sentence case and UPPERCASE.
· Text Cleansing —Add Time to Date, Bullets to Hyphens, Date Format, Day of the Week, Day of the Year, Days left in the Year, Em/En-dash to Hyphen, Hash Value, Hyphen to Em-dash, Hyphen to En-dash, L33T Speak, LineFeeds to Returns, Non-breaking Spaces to normal Space, Normal Spaces to non-breaking Space, Number Format, Number of Letters, Number of Words, Number to Words, “Quotes”, Returns to LineFeeds, Shift ASCII value, Soundex Code, Symbols, Tabs to Spaces, Value and Week of the Year.
· Remove Text Cleansing —Remove All, Remove All ASCII, Remove ASCII Control characters, Remove Excess Returns, Remove Excess Spaces, Remove Excess Tabs, Remove LineFeeds, Remove Non ASCII, Remove Non Letters, Remove Non Numbers, Remove Periods, Remove Punctuation, Remove Returns, Remove Spaces and Remove Tabs.
· Personal Data Cleansing — Email to Web, Name to Salutation/First/Last and Phone Number.
NOTE: To buy Data Cleansing via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Data Cleansing":
· Clean your Text, Number and Date field values with 50 different cleansing types.
· Preview your changes before they are made.
· See the original and the cleaned values side-by-side.
· Make last minute edits or remove certain records from updating.
· Save the preview changes to a spreadsheet, CSV or tab-delimited file.
· Copy the changes to the clipboard for pasting elsewhere.
· Many of the cleansing types have options to tailor your specific changes.
· View the Wikipedia page on data cleansing directly in the app.
· When you are ready update the changes directly into the database.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [New] Compatible with MacOS X Mountain Lion.
· [New] Added the ability to clean one field based on the value in another field
· [New] Added the ability to add a MySQL WHERE command. This allows you to limit what records are considered for cleansing.
· [New] Added the ability to determine the Salutation based on the First Name.
· [New] Added the ability to look up data based on a UK or USA postcode. Updates include City, State/County, Country, Region, SubRegion, Latitude and Longitude.
· [Fix] The case of the First Name no longer matters when looking up the Salutation.