Softpedia Editor's Review for DMG Architect
The easiest way to create professional disk images for commercial distribution or for your own personal use.
Written by Alexandru Tanase on October 23rd, 2013
DMG is one of the most popular disk image types used under Mac OS X. They are very easy to create, transport and mount, making them very useful for a large number of users. DMG Architect is a tool which makes it easier for you to create unique DMG images suitable for commercial use.
Upon opening the application you will be able to select the desired theme for your DMG. While there are multiple categories you can choose from, namely modern, abstract, nature and classic, you can also use your own templates, if you need to.
What's more, after selecting a template you can begin adding files to your project. Bear in mind that images can easily be moved anywhere inside the main window of the application.
The Inspector tool allows you to change the window position by modifying the left and top values. In addition, it will also assist you in modifying the window size as well as lock position and dimension.
Furthermore, the Inspector tool provides you with the means to change the DMG icon as well as insert your own file icons. It allows you to snap to grid while also enabling you to modify the grid steps and size. You can even add license agreements, if you want to.
DMG properties allow you to modify the disk size and format, choose from 128 and 256-bit encryption, and, after that, finalize the format. DMG Architect enables you to add a text area where you can add information about your DMG, if you want to.
In addition, DMG Architect allows you to modify the text font, in order to further customize your image. After all the items have been included in the DMG, you can start the build process. After building the image, you will get a mounted preview of your disk. The application even enables you to burn your image to DVD, if you want to.
All in all, DMG Architect is a very useful tool for anyone that needs to design and create a DMG. The application is also available free of charge, so you should download it now and see if it suits your needs.
DMG Architect description
Here are some key features of "DMG Architect":
- Easily add your own custom window backgrounds, files and icons.
- Total WYSIWYG control of everything including background image and window location.
- Use any image for your container icon, not just .ICNS files. Even change the icon of files already added to a project.
- No artwork? No problem. Choose a theme from our gallery of backdrops and icons.
- Revise your project as often as you need and at any stage.
- Add and update text without editing your background images. Typos are painless to fix.
- Accessing your Mac's powerful security features is easier than ever - add encryption for extra protection.
- Don't forget the End User License Agreement. Putting legal notices where they belong is simple.
- Burn your project directly to CD or DVD, no need for other apps.
- Release your project as a tamper-proof disk image.
- 10 MB of hard disk space.
- 20 MB of available RAM.