Cucumber is a tool that can execute plain-text documents as automated functional tests.
Cucumber lets software development teams describe how software should behave in plain text. The text is written in a business-readable domain-specific language and serves as documentation, automated tests and development-aid - all rolled into one format.
Cucumber works with Ruby, .NET, Flex, Java or web applications written in any language. Cucumber has been translated to over 30 spoken languages.
Cucumber also supports more succinct tests in tables - similar to what FIT does.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Extracted the PDF formatter into a separate gem. (#241 Matt Wynne)
· Remove dependency on term/ansicolor (#43 Joe Fiorini)
· Methods for Step Definitions (#168 Giles Alexander)
· Add file:line to step events in formatter API (#181 Roman Chernyatchik)
· Collapsible backgrounds in HTML formatter (#182 Niklas H)
· Slightly cleaner regexp suggestions (#237 meyering)