Mac OS X development environment for Atmel's AVR microcontroller
CrossPack consists of the GNU compiler suite, a C library for the AVR, the AVRDUDE downloader and several other useful tools.
CrossPack for AVR Development has no Graphic User Interface, it consists of command line tools only. For help with the package, type "avr-help" in a Terminal window.
This opens the manual in your favorite web browser. An alias to this manual is also created in the Applications folder during installation.
CrossPack for AVR Development consists of the following packages:
· avarice in version 2.9
· avr-libc-1.6.7cvs in version 1.6.7
· avrdude-5.8svn912 in version 5.8svn912
· GNU binutils in version 2.19
· gcc-3 in version 3.4.6
· gcc-4 in version 4.3.3
· gdb in version 6.8
· libusb in version 0.1.12
· GNU make in version 3.81
· simulavr in version 0.9
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the CrossPack utility on your Mac are available HERE.
- Does not depend on Xcode for building AVR code.
- Supports 8 bit AVR microcontrollers including XMEGA devives.
- Includes patches to gcc for new devices not yet supported by gcc's main distribution.
- Includes gdb for debugging with simulavr and avarice.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- AVR-Libc headers for some new devices were missing. Fixed.
- Avr-gcc in version 4.8.1.
- Binutils in version 2.23.2.