Free and open source document database server
CouchDb is not a relational database, a replacement for relational databases, an object-oriented database. Or more specifically, meant to function as a seamless persistence layer for an OO programming language.
The programming interface is now stable enough to encourage application development on top of CouchDb.
Please remember that it is still 'alpha software' and that some features may be changed or removed in a future release.
- a REST API using JSON instead of XML for data transport
- a GNU Autotools build system supporting most POSIX systems (Noah Slater)
- a built-in administration interface (Christopher Lenz)
- experimental fulltext search with Lucene (Jan Lehnardt)
- countless tweeks, enhancements and other small refinements.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- COUCHDB-2298: Hash plaintext admin passwords stored in local.ini on startup #ed825d3.
- COUCHDB-2299: Filter out local admin users before updating password hash in _users db #5e46f3b.