Free Cocoa app for testing HTTP endpoints
The goal of this project is to build a lightweight native Cocoa app for testing and debugging HTTP Restful services.
CocoaRestClient enables you to make GET, PUT, POST, DELETE and HEAD calls with just a few mouse clicks.
- Set request body to arbitrary content
- Set request headers
- Set HTTP basic and digest auth
- Auto-format (pretty print) XML and JSON responses with syntax highlighting
- Display response headers
- Quick save requests in a handy drawer
- Send multipart/form-data
- Upload files via multipart/form-data
- Enter POST/PUT input as raw input or key/value pairs
- Reports response latency
- Command-R reloads last request
- Lightweight: Low real memory usage
- Automatic updates
- SSL Support
- Optionally follows HTTP redirects
- Go full screen in Lion
- Import and export requests
- Export responses to files, default browser, or application
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed encoding of the + character for parameters provided for form urlencoded content.
- Turned off XML tidying-- this was resulting in elements being added where they truly did not exist in the response. Now, if XML is invalid it will default to plaintext in the response window.
- Changed tabbing behavior in request parameter and header value cells to be more natural.
- Added pre-emptive HTTP Basic Auth. This can be enabled with a checkbox and hopefully will solve the auth problems that some people have been having.