Did you grow tired of null pointer exceptions, SQL injections, unintended side effects, concurrency errors, mistaken equality tests, and other run-time errors that appear during testing or in the field?
Checker Framework is a free and open-source utility that enhances Java’s type system to make it more powerful and useful. This enables software developers to detect and prevent errors in their Java applications.
Furthermore, Checker Framework provides compiler plug-ins ("checkers") that find bugs or verify their absence. Also, it allows you to write your own compiler plug-ins.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Checker Framework utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Checker Framework is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
User-visible framework improvements:
· StubGenerator now generates stubs that can be read by the StubParser.
· The Maven plugin no longer requires the Maven project's output directory to exist in order to run the Checker Framework. However, if you ask the Checker Framework to generate class files then the output directory will be created.
· Improved the Maven plugin instructions in the Checker Framework manual.
· Improved the discussion of why to define both a bottom and a top qualifier in the Checker Framework manual.
· Update FAQ to discuss that some other tools incorrectly interpret array declarations.