Sphinx is an open source and easy to use tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and beautiful Python documentation.
Sphinx was originally created to translate the new Python documentation, and it has excellent support for the documentation of Python projects, but other documents can be written with it too.
Sphinx uses reStructuredText as its markup language, and many of its strengths come from the power and straightforwardness of reStructuredText and its parsing and translating suite, the Docutils.
Here are some key features of "Sphinx":
· Output formats: HTML (including Windows HTML Help) and LaTeX, for printable PDF versions
· Extensive cross-references: semantic markup and automatic links for functions, classes, glossary terms and similar pieces of information
· Hierarchical structure: easy definition of a document tree, with automatic links to siblings, parents and children
· Automatic indices: general index as well as a module index
· Code handling: automatic highlighting using the Pygments highlighter
· Extensions: automatic testing of code snippets, inclusion of docstrings from Python modules, and more
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· #809: Include custom fixers in the source distribution.