BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR 2.1.0
Create rich, powerful Adobe AIR applications like never before
With the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR, developers can leverage the uniquely powerful capabilities of the BlackBerry Tablet OS, as well as access all of the richness of Adobe AIR, to deliver incredibly engaging and high-performing AIR applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR to allow developers to leverage the uniquely powerful capabilities of the BlackBerry PlayBook and Adobe AIR 2.5 to build industry-leading applications that provide a distinctly compelling experience for BlackBerry PlayBook users.
- Hardware-accelerated playback of video and graphics-intensive content, both in the browser and within AIR applications, enabling a smooth, high fidelity viewing experience on the BlackBerry PlayBook, even with up to 1080p HD content
- Web View to enable AIR apps to display HTML and Flash content and to leverage the BlackBerry PlayBook's WebKit browser
- UI components that have been built specifically for the touch screen experience on a tablet device, including support for multi-touch and gestures
- Powerful APIs to advanced features such as the front and rear facing cameras, accelerometer, geo-location, in-app payments and more
- Application notifications, which allow developers to bring events generated by AIR applications immediately to the user’s attention, even if the application is running in the background
- Seamless communication between AIR apps on the BlackBerry PlayBook, allowing the creation of “Super App” experiences
- Extending Adobe AIR applications to use native C++ extensions, providing developers with the ability to write part of their application in the BlackBerry Tablet OS's native code (subject to availability of the upcoming BlackBerry Tablet OS native SDK)
- Porting existing Adobe AIR applications quickly and easily to the BlackBerry PlayBook
BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Support for the QNXSensors.ane is now available.
- The BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR now supports integration with Powerflasher FDT.