The BitNami Project was created to help spread the adoption of freely
available, high quality, open source web applications.
BitNami aims to make it easier than ever to discover, download and install open source software such as document and content management systems, wikis and blogging software.
ocPortal is a web content management system (software for building and maintaining a dynamic website) that keeps you behind the wheel.
ocPortal's powerful feature-set means there's always a way to accomplish your vision. Not only does it have all the features you'd expect: for instance galleries,
news, file downloads and community forums/chats, but it does so whilst
meeting the highest accessibility and professional standards.
It is also smart enough to go beyond page management, to automatically handle search engine optimisation, and provide aggressive hack attack prevention. Using ocPortal, you will be able to access much more than just a Content Management System.
The BitNami ocPortal Stack is an installer that greatly simplifies the installation of ocPortal and runtime dependencies. It includes ready-to-run versions of Apache, MySQL and PHP. ocPortal Stack is distributed for free under the Apache 2.0 license.
Here are some key features of "BitNami ocPortal":
· Easy to Install - BitNami Stacks are built with one goal in mind: to make it as easy as possible to install open source software. Our installers completely automate the process of installing and configuring all of the software included in
· each Stack, so you can have everything up and running in just a few clicks.
· Independent - BitNami Stacks are completely self-contained, and therefore do not interfere with any software already installed on your system. For example, you can upgrade your system's MySQL or Apache without fear of 'breaking' your
· BitNami Stack.
· Integrated - By the time you click the 'finish' button on the installer, the whole stack will be integrated, configured and ready to go.
· Relocatable - BitNami Stacks can be installed in any directory. This allows you to have multiple instances of the same stack, without them interfering with each other.
· Intel x86, Power PC or compatible processor.
· Minimum of 256 MB RAM.
· Minimum of 150 MB hard drive space.
· TCP/IP protocol support/
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated ocPortal to 9.0.5
· Updated PHP to 5.4.10
· Updated phpMyAdmin to 3.5.5