The BitNami Project was created to help spread the adoption of freely available, high quality open source web applications.
BitNami aims to make it easier than ever to discover, download and install Open Source software such as document and content management systems, wikis and blogging software.
The BitNami Tomcat Stack is an installer that greatly simplifies the installation of Roller and runtime dependencies. BitNami TomcatStack provides ready-to-run versions of Apache-Tomcat, Apache, MySQL and Java.
It is distributed for free under the Apache 2.0 license. Please see the appendix for the specific licenses of all Open Source components included.
Here are some key features of "BitNami TomcatStack":
· Easy to Install - BitNami Stacks are built with one goal in mind: to make it as easy as possible to install open source software. Our installers completely automate the process of installing and configuring all of the software included in
· each Stack, so you can have everything up and running in just a few clicks.
· Independent - BitNami Stacks are completely self-contained, and therefore do not interfere with any software already installed on your system. For example, you can upgrade your system's MySQL or Apache Tomcat without fear of 'breaking' your BitNami Stack.
· Integrated - By the time you click the 'finish' button on the installer, the whole stack will be integrated, configured and ready to go.
· Relocatable - BitNami Stacks can be installed in any directory. This allows you to have multiple instances of the same stack, without them interfering with each other.
BitNami Apache Tomcat Stack ships with the following software versions:
· Apache 2.2.16
· Apache Tomcat 6.0.29
· MySQL 5.1.50
· Intel x86, PowerPC or compatible processor
· Minimum of 512 MB RAM
· Minimum of 400 MB hard drive space
· TCP/IP protocol support
· J2SE 5.0 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated Tomcat to 7.0.40
· Updated Apache to 2.4.4
· Updated MySQL to 5.5.30
· Updated PHP to 5.4.15