BitNami OSQA Stack greatly simplifies the deployment of OSQA and its required dependencies. BitNami OSQA Stack can be easily deployed using a native installer, in the cloud or as a virtual machine.
OSQA is a sophisticated Open Source Q&A System that can help you manage and grow online communities. OSQA is written in Python and powered by the Django application framework.
The BitNami OSQA Stack native installers were packaged using BitRock's cross platform installer tool.
Here are some key features of "BitNami OSQA":
- Easy to Install - BitNami Stacks are built with one goal in mind: to make it as easy as possible to install open source software. Our installers completely automate the process of installing and configuring all of the software included in
- each Stack, so you can have everything up and running in just a few clicks.
- Independent - BitNami Stacks are completely self-contained, and therefore do not interfere with any software already installed on your system. For example, you can upgrade your system's PosgreSQL or Apache without fear of 'breaking' your BitNami Stack.
- Integrated - By the time you click the 'finish' button on the installer, the whole stack will be integrated, configured and ready to go.
- Relocatable - BitNami Stacks can be installed in any directory. This allows you to have multiple instances of the same stack, without them interfering with each other.
- Minimum of 256 MB RAM
- Minimum of 150 MB hard drive space
- TCP/IP protocol support
- Cloned to latest trunk at 20130919
- Added support for Django 1.4
- Added mod_pagespeed 18.104.22.168 for Linux
- Updated Python to 2.7.5
- Update Django to 1.4.8