BitNami JBoss Stack greatly simplifies the development and deployment of JBoss applications. It includes ready-to-run versions of Apache, JBoss, MySQL and Java and required dependencies.
It can be deployed using a native installer, as a virtual machine or in the cloud. BitNami JBoss Stack is distributed for free under the Apache 2.0 license.
JBoss is a open-source Java EE-based application server. An important distinction for this class of software is that it not only implements a server that runs on Java, but it actually implements the Java EE part of Java.
Because it is Java-based, the JBoss application server operates cross-platform: usable on any operating system that supports Java. JBoss AS has been developed by JBoss, that is now a division of Red Hat.
Here are some key features of "BitNami JBoss":
· Easy to Install - BitNami Stacks are built with one goal in mind: to make it as easy as possible to install open source software. Our installers completely automate the process of installing and configuring all of the software included in
· each Stack, so you can have everything up and running in just a few clicks.
· Independent - BitNami Stacks are completely self-contained, and therefore do not interfere with any software already installed on your system. For example, you can upgrade your system's MySQL or JBoss without fear of 'breaking' your
· BitNami Stack.
· Integrated - By the time you click the 'finish' button on the installer, the whole stack will be integrated, configured and ready to go.
· Relocatable - BitNami Stacks can be installed in any directory. This allows you to have multiple instances of the same stack, without them interfering with each other.
BitNami JBoss Stack ships with the following software versions:
· Apache 2.2.16
· JBoss 6.0.0
· MySQL 5.1.50
· Intel x86, PowerPC or compatible processor
· Minimum of 512 MB RAM
· Minimum of 400 MB hard drive space
· TCP/IP protocol support
· J2SE 5.0 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated Apache to 2.4.3
· Updated MySQL to 5.5.29
· Updated JDK to 1.7_15