Bugzero is a Web-based bug tracking, defect tracking, issue tracking, and change management system used in a distributed team environment to track software bugs, hardware defects, test cases, or any other issues.
BUGZERO is a tool that can also be used equally well as a help desk customer support, trouble ticketing, or email management system to collect and manage customer feedbacks, incidents, requests, and issues.
Bugzero is easy to use, but still flexible and adaptive, and can be configured to fit to your organization's unique business process and workflow.
Here are some key features of "BugZero":
· Standard technologies, web-based, lightweight, feature-rich, robust, fast, reliable, and exceptional usability
· Cross platforms, single one code base written in Java and J2EE, truely run anywhere and everywhere
· Cross database systems, based on standard SQL 92, fully open, scalable, and modular database schema
· No client software, no firewall issues, and accessible from anywhere on the internet through HTTP, HTTPS, or SMTP
· More than just bug tracking, works equally well as a help desk customer support system
· Support both web interface and email interface (particularly for customer support), for internal and external users
· Support custom fields of data types including datetime, number, URL, and link ID. Fields can be added or removed anytime.
· Flexible workflow to fit your unique process, completely configurable and customizable per project.
· Works in any languages (UTF-8) including Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.
· Customizable page layout, your own company logo, and look and feel
· Support multiple projects, configurable access control, and self registration
· Configurable advanced group and field level access control model (security)
· Configurable automatic and manual bug-assignment
· File attachment (can attach multiple files and any kinds of files at once)
· Support direct screen capture for attachment (available as add-on)
· Email notification and cc mail (per project, template based)
· Configurable email notification triggers or listeners (per project, per user)
· CVS and Perforce source version control integration through email
· Metrics reports, advanced search, and re-usable stored queries
· Comprehensive readable bug-audit trail (change history)
· Quick sorting and CSV file export supporting Asian languages in Unicode
· Public projects and self registration for open source projects
· Support LDAP/Active Directory user authentication (available as add-on)
· Custom email reminder and escalation (available as add-on)
· Easy install (server side only) and minimal maintenance needed
· Easy to use web-based system administration (no learning curve)
· Exceptional remote trouble shooting and debugging capabilities
· And features that customer really want...
· CPU 500MHz/256MB RAM/20GB HD
· Java 1.3+ and a Java application server such as Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
· MSIE, Mozilla, FireFox, Opera, or Netscape.
· No time limit, but is limited to 100 bug reports and five (5) named user accounts.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A total of 72 new custom fields have been added. Password encryption is now salted.
· The email header "Date" is now used as the timestamp when saving an email submission.
· A disabled field is now grayed out instead of removed. The default value of a drop-down
· menu field that is mandatory based on another field has been corrected.