Awake File is a safe, free and open-source framework that enables developers to very easily implement file uploads and downloads through HTTP.
Awake File was built with caution and enhanced security was the main priority: server side configuration allows to specify strong security rules in order to protect the files.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Awake File utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "Awake File":
· Compatible with Servlets 2.5+ containers.
· Supports Windows, Unix/Linux and MacOS X on client side and server side.
· Optimized and designed to manage heavy traffic with data streaming, stateless sessions, etc.
· Full default configuration included for easy start.
· Configuration neutral. Configuration is done through getters in Java classes using Dependency injection. This allows you to easily define your configuration strategy and implementation : ini file, XML, etc. Just use or overload any or all of the few configuration methods with your own code.
· Client/Server communications and exchanges entirely done in http or https on standard ports. (No firewall configuration required).
· Supports simultaneous sessions from client side.
· Supports files download/upload and RPC calls from Java Threads.
· Includes built-in and easy to use helper classes for GUI Progress Bars implementations.
· Entirely coded in Java.
· Developed by Swing/JavaFX developers for Swing/JavaFX developers.
· Supports encryption with SSL/TLS.
· Enables to force the use of an encrypted http Secure connection prior to sending login & password to the Server Manager.
· Supports strong authentication using cryptography.
· Supports connections through client side proxy.
· Supports end-to-end http session encryption using AES 256bit.
· Allows to define any server side authentication mechanism.
· Full security configuration through programmable server rules in Java.
· Allows to filter IP, RPC requests types, client usernames.
· Enables fine granularity analysis of RPC calls before allowing effective server side execution.
· Allows to send alerts when an unauthorized RPC call is detected.
· Allows to immediately discard and revoke a client login when an unauthorized RPC call is detected.
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The API AwakeFileSession.getVersion() would return an incorrect value. This has been fixed.
· Miscellaneous Javadoc bugs have been fixed.
Upgrading from previous version 1.2.1:
· Client side behavior is unchanged and does need to be redeployed.
· Binary compatible both on client and server side: you don't need to recompile your source code.