Aptana Studio is an open source IDE designed from the ground app to enable you to develop and test entire web apps using a single environment.
Here are some key features of "Aptana Studio":
· Support for one-shot as well as keep-synchronized setups. Multiple protocols including FTP, SFTP, FTPS and Capistrano. Ability to automatically publish your Ruby & Rails applications to hosting services such as Heroku and Engine Yard.
· Easily put your projects under git source code control. Collaborate with team members thru merge, pull and push actions to remote repositories such those hosted on Github. Facilitates git-based deployments.
· Quickly access a command line terminal for execution of operating system commands and language utilities such as gem, rake, etc.
· Setup your development environment exactly the way you want it by extending the core capabilities through scripting of custom commands. Studio ships with hundreds of commands but always presents them in context based on the type of file you are editing.
· 512 MB RAM
· G5 or Intel-based machine.
· Java JRE 1.6.0 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A hot-fix release for addressing the critical connection lost issue in APSTUD-7311.