Apache Forrest is a free and open-source publishing framework that enables developers to create unified presentations by transforming the input from various sources.
You will be able to use Apache Forrest as a dynamic server, to generate static documents or to install it using an automated facility.
Apache Forrest is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Apache Forrest utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "Apache Forrest":
· Supports multiple task-specific source XML formats
· Supports multiple output formats
· Based on Java and XML standards
· Transparent inclusion and aggregation of external content
· Cocoon sitemap covers anything
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Changes to Build:
· Added standalone 'validate-status' build target to validate the project status changes file. Committed by DC.
· fix Explicitly set the javac target@ to our defined base version. This fixed an issue with plugins being deployed by committers using more recent versions. Committed by DC. Thanks to Ron Blaschke.
· Forrest minimum Java version is now Java 1.5 required starting with Forrest-0.9-dev Committed by GM.
· The preparation of the set of xmlcatalogs is better done in our "validation-props" ant target. Committed by DC. Thanks to Thomas Emmel. See Issue FOR-1131, FOR-1020.
· A better way to report the set of xmlcatalog files being used. Committed by DC.
Changes to the Code Base:
· initial "Markdown" output plugin to Whiteboard. Committed by DC.
· Added new search facility to ForrestBar to enable search for a mail Message-Id (only at Gmane.org). Committed by DC.
· Added initial output plugin "iCal" to the whiteboard. Committed by SNM.
· Enabled use of EXSLT extensions via exslt.org...