Apache Derby 10.11.1.1
Pure Java relational database engine using standard SQL and JDBC as its APIs
Some key advantages include:
· Derby has a small footprint -- about 2 megabytes for the base engine and embedded JDBC driver.
· Derby is based on the Java, JDBC, and SQL standards.
· Derby provides an embedded JDBC driver that lets you embed Derby in any Java-based solution.
· Derby also supports the more familiar client/server mode with the Derby Network Server and Derby Network Client JDBC driver.
· Derby is easy to install, deploy, and use.
- Embedded engine with JDBC drivers
- Network Server
- Network client JDBC drivers
- Command line tools: ij (SQL scripting), dblook (schema dump) and sysinfo (system info)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New Features:
- MERGE statement - MERGE is a single, join-driven statement which INSERTs, UPDATEs, and DELETEs rows. See the section on this statement in the Derby Reference Manual. See also features F312, F313, and F314 of the SQL Standard.
- Deferrable constraints - Constraint enforcement can now be deferred, typically to the end of a transaction. See the section on "constraintCharacteristics" in the Derby Reference Manual. See also features F721 and F492 of the SQL Standard.
- WHEN clause in CREATE TRIGGER - An optional WHEN clause has been added which determines which rows fire a trigger. See the section on this clause in the Derby Reference Manual. See also feature T211-05 of the SQL Standard.