AnsiLove is a free Cocoa framework capable of rendering ASCII / ANSi art and handling SAUCE records.
AnsiLove has only two classes responsible for all the magic: ALSauceMachine and ALAnsiGenerator.
The former, ALSauceMachine is reading SAUCE records and returns these values as Objective-C properties. The latter, ALAnsiGenerator creates PNG images from ANSi source files.
Detailed instructions on how to use the AnsiLove Cocoa framework are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "AnsiLove":
· Rendering of all known ANSi / ASCII art file types: ANSi (.ANS), Binary (.BIN), Artworx (.ADF), iCE Draw (.IDF), Xbin (.XB) details, PCBoard (.PCB), Tundra (.TND) details, ASCII (.ASC), Release info (.NFO), Description in zipfile (.DIZ)
· Files with custom suffix default to the ANSi renderer (e.g. ICE or CIA).
· AnsiLove.framework is capabable of processing: SAUCE records, DOS and Amiga fonts (embedded binary dump), iCE colors
· Output files are highly optimized 4-bit PNGs.
· You can use custom objects for adjusting output results.
· Built-in support for rendering Amiga ASCII.
· Everything's Mac App Store conform and sandboxing compliant.
· This is an Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) project.