ActivePerl is a very powerful, ready-to-install Perl distribution for Mac OS X, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows.
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on.
Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
Here are some key features of "ActivePerl":
· Precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePerl 5.12, 5.10, 5.8, 5.6+
· Core Perl binaries
· Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Perl Package Manager (PPM)
· Access to PPM Index for easy searching through an additional 10,000 third-party Perl modules
· Extended documentation
· Recommended 90MB hard disk space for typical install
· Web browser for online help.
· PowerPC G4 or G5 or x86 processor.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Bug Fixes and Changes since build 1601:
· Significant changes that have occurred in the Perl 5.16.2 release are documented in perl5162delta.
· Most bundled modules have been updated to their latest released version from CPAN. Use the ppm query command to check the exact version included in this release.