A free and useful virtual machine software that will help users run the Atari ST/TT/Falcon operating systems and TOS/GEM applications
We started this project to fill the demand of modern applications, games, demos and multimedia for higher CPU/graphics power.
Quite frankly, you can't expect that 9-17 years old Atari hardware will replay fullscreen DivX movies, encode sound to Ogg Vorbis in real time or just compile a new FreeMiNT kernel or SDL game in a reasonable amount of time.
Is that a reason to give up on Atari TOS/GEM altogether and switch to another platform/OS? No! ARAnyM is here to give you the much asked CPU speed, large amount of RAM, huge colourful graphics and anything else you need to keep running your favorite TOS/GEM applications.
We would like you to think about ARAnyM as about yet another TOS clone, similar to Medusa, Hades or Milan, but actually much cheaper and way more powerful.
Our goal is to create a distribution installable from a floppy/CD that would turn any PC machine into full featured Atari power machine. If we were a hardware vendor we could even sell computers that would boot directly to TOS desktop!
That may help all the remaining Atari users who wish to upgrade their aging machines.
- MC68040 compatible CPU (including optional MMU!)
- MC68881 compatible FPU
- JIT Compiler for CPU and FPU (speeds up CPU+FPU up to 10x!)
- ST-RAM 14 MB
- Fast-RAM configurable 0-3824 MB
- Host accelerated fVDI graphics (large highcolor/truecolor resolutions)
- Access to Host OS filesystems using BetaDOS or MiNT native XFS driver
- Ethernet networking via host using MiNT-Net XIF driver
- TOS 4.x XBIOS compatible sound (16-bit 48 kHz stereo sound)
- Parallel port (bidirectional)
- MFP, IKBD, ACIA, VIDEL, BLITTER, FDC, IDE, DSP MC56001
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- sysdeps.h: fixed typo error that prevented the build on PPC64
- various files: version++ for the new release