AMPPS is an easy to install software stack of Apache, Mysql, PHP, Perl, Python and Softaculous auto-installer that can be used on Desktops and office servers.
AMPPS gives you the possibility to focus more on actually using applications rather than maintaining them.
With AMPPS you can create a website by installing any of the 245 Apps, customizing it, and then simply publishing it on the internet via a wide choice of hosting service providers.
Here are some key features of "AMPPS":
Small, but complete package:
· AMPPS is a free Web development tool that installs in minutes and brings together database software like MySQL, and programming languages into a single, integrated experience. AMPPS lets you code, and test PHP, Perl & Python applications.
Same like Server, on your Desktop:
· Using AMPPS with Softaculous on your desktop, you get the same powerful database engine, and environment that your Web site uses on the internet. This ensures that your transition from development to production is smooth and seamless.
Open Source Scripts :
· AMPPS with Softaculous connects you to a world of popular and free open-source Web applications, including Joomla!, WordPress, Magento, Dolphin and more. Simply select your favourite script, and it handles the downloading and installation of your new Web site.
Configuring AMPPS :
· AMPPS provides you to create and delete local or network domains. You can manage Apache and MySQL very easily with AMPPS. It also provides you a Security Centre to secure your AMPPS installation.
· You can create multiple MySQL and SQLite databases and manage them easily with phpMyAdmin and SQLite Manager. You can create, add, delete databases and can change the root password.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
The current version of AMPPS for Mac include:
· Softaculous AMPPS 2.0(Softaculous 4.1.8)
· Apache 2.2.23
· PHP 5.4.11, 5.3.21 and 5.2.17
· PERL 5.14.1
· Python 2.7.2 with mod_wsgi 3.4 module
· MySQL 5.5.29
· phpMyAdmin 3.5.6
· SQLite Manager 1.2.4
· MongoDB 2.2.2(Only 64-bit)
· RockMongo 1.1.5
· Pure-FTPd Server 1.0.35
· PHP 5.4 now for Mac too.
· Added Task Manager for Endusers.
· Added Error Logging system of Softaculous AMPPS which can be accessed from Softaculous Admin Panel.
· Apache Modules can be configured from Enduser Panel now.
· Basic PHP Configuration can be configured from Enduser Panel now.
· Autoindexing in httpd.conf is now shifted in httpd-autoindex.conf
· SSL Configuration is now shifted in httpd-ssl.conf from httpd-vhosts.conf
· Now users can take a backup before upgrading the script to newer version.
· Admin can now set default Username or Password suggested on script install form as Empty.
· Turn off update available notification for script installations.
· Now while adding FTP User from Enduser Panel, Ho...