Maintidget (Maintenance Scripts Widget) gives you a Dashboard Widget that informs you about the last run date of maintenance scripts and also allows you to run them.
Please note that the weekly script can take a long time to run (up to 10 minutes depending on the speed of the computer).
During this time the "Running Scripts" message will show in Maintidget. Please do not refresh the widget during this time, as this will remove the "Running Scripts" message which will automatically remove itself when the scripts are finished running.
Here are some key features of "Maintidget":
· Removes old logs.
· Removes scratch and junk files (temporary files).
· Removes scratch fax files.
· Backs up NetInfo data.
· Checks subsystem status.
· Cleans mail queue.
· Gathers account statistics.
· Cleans up asl.log.
· Rotates logs: system.
· Rebuilds locate database.
· Rebuilds whatis database.
· Rotates logs: ftp, lpr, mail, netino, ipfw, ppp, secure.
· Runs login accounting.
· Rotates logs: wtmp, install, fax.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· More passwords with special characters now accepted.