Dash Monitors is a utility that brings system monitoring to your Tiger Dashboard with monitors for CPU, Memory, Network, and Disk I/O.
Users can choose between three different ways to view the information. The text view shows a basic listing of the statistics. A simple view shows bar charts representing the system resource load. Finally, a graphical view will display a fully imaged graphical interface of what is happening on the system.
Dash Monitors is very useful for users who would like to run a system monitor but need all the screen real-estate while working.
Here are some key features of "Dash Monitors":
· There are 3 modes for each of the monitors: text, simple, and graphical. The text view mode shows a very simple text view of the resources being used and is beneficial because it takes very few system resources to generate the statistics.
· The simple view mode is the original view from Dash Monitors 1.0, and includes simple bar charts to show statistics in a graphical way without th eye candy.
· The graphical view mode, while taking more CPU resources to draw all the monitors, displays a fully imaged graphical interface to what is happening on the system. Text summaries are provided with the monitors in simple and graphical mode to provide the exact data along with the graphical approximations.
· Dash Monitors takes advantage of MTK for all of the statistics it gathers. MTK is open source and can be downloaded from the Gaucho Software Open Source pages. Look for more features in Dash Monitors as MTK is more fully developed.
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a compatibility problem with Safari 4 beta.