Image Shackle is a handy Dashboard widget that allows you to quickly and easily scale images with Image Shackle.
Just drag an image onto Image Shackle and it is scaled to the desired size that you type in or select with a slider.
You won't need any full-featured application such as Photoshop every time you want to make a simple size adjustment to a picture.
Whether you are wanting to throw an image up on Facebook or print out your latest party pic, Image Shackle is the easiest way to make your photos the right size.
Here are some key features of "Image Shackle":
· The proportions are always kept. The slider will allow you to scale the image to whole numbers, but if you want an exact height or width you can type it in.
· Check the preference on the back to convert shackled images to JPG. When converting an image with transparency (PNG, GIF or PSD) into a JPEG the transparent areas will be turned to white
· Your shackled image will be placed in the same folder as the original but .shkl" will be added before the extention. This makes it easier to find them later. The size of the image will also be added to the filename.
· The widget also serves as a tool for calculating ratios and constraining proportions for images that you don't want to scale with the widget.
· Image Shackle is only designed to work with one image at a time. The following file types are supported and must have the proper extention: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD (they will be flattened), PNG, PICT, BMP.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· minor bugfixes