Xtags for QuarkXPress 3.8.1
Enhanced markup tags for QuarkXPress
Using Xtags, you import text files which it converts into fully formatted layouts, and you can export as well.
Xtags does this by interpreting special formatting codes embedded in the text file, and we call this set of codes the Xtags language.
With Xtags, you can build any text content with full styling (the same as XPress Tags), anchor and fill picture and text boxes, build and fill unanchored boxes, size picture contents to containing boxes, size boxes to content (text or picture) in various flexible ways, translate text and tags on input, use macros to reduce typing, apply master pages and spreads, and more.
For output, Xtags will save the contents of any text story, including anchored text and picture boxes, and will also save the structure and content of any selected text, picture or group boxes.
- create and fill both anchored text and picture boxes, including shrinking boxes to fit their contents;
- create and fill both text and picture boxes outside of a text flow, including shrinking boxes to fit their contents;
- use relative values in tags;
- group created text and/or picture boxes;
- apply master pages to the current page or spread;
- copy and paste Xtagged-text between documents, or between applications;
- translate user-defined tags into standard Xtags constructs (or into anything
- perform table-based translations;
- use macros to express complex, parameterized tag sequences as shorthand (for
- example, fractions);
- provide advanced error reporting.
Xtags for QuarkXPress
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixes a problem introduced in 3.8 where using File > Save Text with Xtags… would always produce a “File not found. (-43)” alert. (Windows only)