Similarity XT is a search and replace engine that allows you to gather items sharing one or more similar attributes and apply global changes to any of the matches found. Similarity's power comes from being able to construct limitless search queries with conditions and restrictions. For example, you can now find items that fall into this category: "color is red, shade is less than 50%, and frame is not solid".
To create your search query, you can choose and combine any of the 50 attributes available with conditionals such as "is", "is not" and "is greater than", among others. Similarity returns all the matches found at once, so you know in advance how many and which items answer to your search query. Then you can make global changes to some or all of these items with a click of the mouse. No other search engine gives you this much control, speed and flexibility.
Here are some key features of "Similarity":
· Add a green border to any box that contains text but whose shape is not oval.
· Remove the item runaround for picture boxes not painted black.
· Find boxes with picture suppress output applied. Then delete their contents.
· Change all empty picture boxes on pages 1ľ5 to 'None' content.
· Move all text boxes located at 1" across 0.5" to the right. Then set their width to 7".
· Total the number of picture boxes that contain CMYK JPEG images with 200 dpi resolution or less.
· Change the box background color of grayscale TIFFs to white.
· Paint all freehand lines with 50% red.
· Scan document for RGB images. Turn their suppress output setting on.
· Change color of all white boxes to 'None'.
· For all pictures not angled 90║, set the scaling to 200%.
· QuarkXPress or
· QuarkXPress Passport 4.1x or 5.x.