Scribus is a free and open source cross-platform app that brings award-winning professional page layout to Mac OS X, Linux/Unix, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of new approaches to page layout and "press-ready" output.
Underneath the user friendly and modern interface, Scribus features professional publishing features, such as ICC color management, separations, CMYK color, and versatile PDF creation.
Scribus is a really powerful utility that will help you create great looking documents.
One thing which sets Scribus apart is its friendly and enthusiastic community that assists beginners and pros alike.
· Ghostscript 8.50 or later.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Addition of the GiveLife Color System(R) swatch palettes (www.givelifecolorsystem.com), license in the swatches directory.
· Updates to resolve small canvas interaction issues
· Corrections to both bitmap and SVG image import issues
· Addition of undo steps for path operations and page moving
· Corrections to some master page behaviour
· Fixes for text editing issues
· Enhancements to scripter
· Translation updates
· The Italian version of the help documents has been updated significantly
· Relocation of profiles and swatches to the share directory of Unix-like systems (linux, OS X, etc) to fit in with the file system recommendations