Introducing Project ROME by Adobe, an all-in-one content creation and publishing application that lets virtually anyone at work, home or school inject the power of graphics, photos, text, video, audio and animation into everyday projects.
Project ROME provides support for editing printed materials and presentations, digital documents and websites, offering a creative environment where you can go from start to finish.
Project ROME is a Software-as-a-Service offering, and works as both an Adobe AIR desktop application and as a browser-based web application, leveraging the power of Adobe AIR and Adobe Flash Player technology.
Project ROME is available through this free preview program for a limited time. Project ROME's final availability, pricing, and feature set are still under review, so visit this site often for updates. Once available, it will be offered as a paid subscription.
Here are some key features of "Project ROME":
· Contextual User Interface — Clean, uncluttered tools are presented ‘in context' to the project you are working on, so you focus on only the most necessary tools.
· Starter Templates — Try a range of starter templates to help you immediately begin creating and publishing reports, brochures, digital documents, animations, websites and more.
· Media Types — Import and work with graphics, photos, video, and audio from your desktop – or import Creative-Commons licensed content from the web using integrated Google® search.
· Text — Experiment with text by using color, size, effects and animation add more pizzazz to documents, reports, presentations and websites.
· Animation — Create interesting SWF animations to convey a complex topic and include in reports, presentations or websites.
· Interactivity — Add motion and movement to pages, objects, documents and graphics with control and ease.
· Publishing Options — Publish your finished project in a range of formats including text, PDF, SWF, JPG, PNG, SVG, or FXG, or as an Adobe (or third-party) hosted website.
· Community — Participate with other Project ROME users online, where community members share helpful tips, tricks, content in a Facebook forum – or access useful templates in the Template Exchange.
· Social Sharing — Share results directly with others using Adobe Acrobat.com, or publish via social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
· Learning Resources — Accelerate your knowledge of Project ROME by exploring feature videos, online help, and community forums.
· Intel Core Duo or faster
· Screen resolution 1024x600 or higher
· 2GB of RAM or more recommended
· Adobe Flash Player 10.1.x or higher for the web application
· Adobe AIR 2.0.3 or higher for the desktop application