Structure your screenplay like a Pro
Using the Contour story development system created by Emmy Award-nominated, Jeff Schechter, you’ll learn how to use the same character-based structure that nearly all the blockbuster movies use to create solid stories that hold together from Fade In to Fade Out.
With its intuitive, fill-in-the-blanks approach, Contour tells you exactly what elements need to be included in your script, never again leaving you to wonder, "what comes next?" A must-have for every screenwriter.
From the Titanic to Harry Potter
Contour enables writers to develop a movie concept from the idea stage to a bulletproof outline. Along the way, Contour guides the writer through plot points of all three acts and explains the major storytelling secrets to crafting a highly marketable movie. The main character's journey is explained through archetypal themes that reverberate in the top 50 grossing movies of all time.
The Contour System
The key to the success of the Contour system is the ability to break down a story to a simple structure.
Using Contour, you will:
· Answer the 4 simple questions that shape most every screenplay in the top 50.
· Develop the single-sentence logline that lays out your entire script like a roadmap.
· Identify the 4 archetypes every protagonist moves through from "fade in" to "fade out;"
· Lay out the 12 foundation beats of ACT ONE.
· Discover a system of breaking down ACT TWO that is so ruthlessly easy you will never get stuck on page 55 again.
· Craft the 4 final beats of ACT THREE that readers and audiences expect and that define your script as marketable and professional.
Integrates with Montage
Once you have your screenplay properly outlined in Contour, you will need to lay out your masterpiece in a screenwriting application. Contour seamlessly integrates with Montage, Mariner's award-winning screenwriting software for Mac OS X. A hard to beat one-two punch.
NOTE: To buy Contour via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
- Flesh out a main character and codify their motivations and behaviors.
- Quickly recognize archetypes which protagonists journey through in all the top movies.
- Go from concept to bulletproof outline in less time than ever before.
- Learn a flexible yet exact plot point and beat structure that works for all genres.
- Seamlessly transfer a concept into popular screenplay writing software such as Montage.
- Develop a compelling logline.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Contour 1.2.8 requires Mac OS X v10.6 or higher (Contour 1.2.6 is not supported on Mac OS X v10.5 or earlier)
- Made a change to prevent Mac OS X 10.8 Gatekeeper settings from warning that the app is from an unidentified developer