Zip View Pro allows you to quickly view the contents of compressed ZIP (.zip), 7-Zip (.7z), RAR (.rar), and JAR (.jar) files (with limited support for .zipx), and uncompress only those files you choose without having to uncompress the entire archive.
You can quickly preview one or more files in the archive (without uncompressing them) by simply pressing the Space key to launch Quick Look, or clicking on the Quick Look icon.
Zip View Pro is a great compliment to Finder's built in compress feature.
Zip View Pro supports password protected ZIP, RAR and 7-ZIP files, as well as multi file spanning RAR archives.
Zip View Pro is quick and easy to use. Drag an archive file onto Zip View Pro's dock icon or application window and see the contents of the archive in an instant.
Zip View Pro gives you a number of ways to uncompress a file or folder (or the entire archive):
· Clicking the Uncompress Selected or Uncompress Archive button and selecting the folder to uncompress into.
· Drag and dropping the selected items from Zip View Pro into a folder in Finder.
· Double-clicking a file will open it in the default editor for that file type.
· Right-clicking an item to bring up a context menu and selecting the option to uncompress to a folder (or a temporary folder to save you having to delete the folder afterwards).
· Using the Copy menu item (or standard OS X copy menu shortcut) and pasting the selected items into a folder in Finder.
NOTE: To buy Zip View Pro via the App Store an Apple account is required.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug Fix: Fixed bug related to the reading of zip files on external devices.