The Unarchiver is a highly capable replacement for "BOMArchiveHelper.app", Mac OS X's built-in unarchiver application.
The Unarchiver is a an OS X utility designed to handle many more archive formats than BOMArchiveHelper, and to better fit in with OS X user interface and the Finder.
The Unarchiver is able to handle filenames in foreign character sets, such as those created using non-English versions of other operating systems.
The Unarchiver comes with support for lots of file formats, including Zip, Rar, 7-zip,Tar-GZip, Tar-BZip2, StuffIt, LhA and many other more or less not that well-known formats.
Support for so many archive formats in The Unarchiver is achieved by using the libxad unarchiving library.
A comprehensive list of The Unarchiver's supported formats is available HERE.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Bulgarian translation.
· Fix a bug that would make files with invalid filenames not work in Zip and Exe files.
· Fix some small memory leaks.
· Read-only attributes for files in archives are now ignored. This caused some files not to extract correctly in older versions.
· Fix a bug with parsing Tar files.