Eager to see a contents of an archive without being forced to extract any file from it?
Frustrated wanting to add a few files into an archive and have to extract all files, add new files to extracted ones and then archive them all back again? Want to quickly extract few files of your choice from an archive?
Desirous of full drag and drop archiving and extracting from and into Finder? Mad about preview of a file in an archive with just double click on it? Just want to quickly and easily delete or rename some files inside an archive? Want to do all archiving tasks quickly and efficiently using Finder contextual menu?
Introducing Springy, simple and elegant, yet powerful archiving utility that will make your everyday archiving activities much more pleasurable. Springy archiving and compressing application let you do all your work with archives and compressed files using sleek graphical interface similar to Finder.
Features will include browsing files in archives in all three view types (as icons, as list, as columns), extracting all or particular files or folders from archives, modifying archives (add, delete, replace, rename files or folders in archives), full dra
Springy includes Finder contextual menu plug-in, that can be used to create archives, add files in archives, extract whole archives, compress and decompress files, all with just one right mouse click in Finder. But even more, it enables browsing files and folders in archives and extracting particular file or folder using hierarchical contextual menu.
Springy supports the following file types: ZIP, TAR, TAR compressed with GZIP, BZIP2 and Unix Compress methods, plain GZIP, BZIP2 and Unix Compress compression. Future releases will include support for more archive formats.
· Macintosh computer with PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor or any Macintosh computer with Intel processor.
· Minimum 128 MB of RAM.
· Minimum 13 MB free space on hard disk (for both application and contextual menu plug-in).
· Mac OS X 10.3 or later for Macintosh computers with PowerPC processor.
· Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later for Macintosh computers with Intel processor.
· You can enjoy Springy in almost its full functionality for free, it will never expire and it won't nag you with splash screens and reminders to register.
· However, if you want to use Springy application with archives bigger then 50MB in size of archived contents, or archives that contain more than 500 files or folders, you need to purchase and register it at the above price.
· Also, you can use SpringyCM Finder Contextual Menu plug-in to archive, extract, compress and decompress files selected in Finder, but if you want to use contextual menu to browse archive content and to extract particular file of your choice from an archive, you need to register.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes a bug in version 1.6 which could corrupt a ZIP archive after modifying it and quitting application.