RAR is a powerful and cross-platform utility which helps its users to manage and control archives.
To use the RAR command line based app, copy the files in any folder on your hard drive, and run itby typing the full path to the app (for example, to run it from the current folder, type ". / rar" or ". / unrar" followed by the suitable arguments.
By typing the app's name (rar or unrar) without any parameters, an useful guide explaining the program's functions will be displayed.
Here are some key features of "RAR for Mac OS X":
· Original compression algorithm
· Optional compression mode for multimedia data
· Create and change SFX archives
· Multiple service functions
· Solid archive creation functionality
· 40 days trial.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Previous beta failed to decompress RAR archives contained both encrypted and unencrypted files. Archives containing only encrypted or only unencrypted files were unpacked correctly.
· By default, RAR 5.0 log files produced with -ilog switch use UTF-16 little endian encoding. Now it can be changed with -scg switch, such as -scag for ANSI encoding.