Esmska is a free and open source software for sending SMS (Short Text Message) over the Internet.
Esmska uses publicly available web gateways and sends messages through them. For this reason, it can be much more comfortable to use Esmska than to use a web browser or a mobile phone.
Esmska is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "Esmska":
· Send SMS to various operators (local or international)
· Supports all common operating systems (Mac OS, Linux, Windows, etc.)
· Free, under free/open-source licence AGPLv3
· Import contacts from other programs (DreamCom) and formats (vCard)
· Send SMS to multiple recipients at once
· History of sent messages
· Pluggable operator system - easy to provide support for more operators directly by users
· Extensive possibilities of changing appearance
· Many other planned features
· Java 6
· 64 bit CPU
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· notify when paid SMS is sent for [CZ]t-zones and [CZ]Vodafone park (question 202235)
· fixed gateway [CZ]O2 SMSender
· fixed gateways [CZ]O2 and [CZ]O2 (registrace) (thanks Filip Oščádal, issue #423 )
· fixed gateways [CZ]Vodafone and [CZ]Vodafone park (thanks Filip Oščádal, issue #426 )
· fixed gateways [CZ]T-mobile and [CZ]t-zones ( issue #431 , issue #432 )
· fixed gateway [CZ]Vodafone ( issue #435 )
· don't update gateways that require more recent program version ( issue #425 )
· fixed gateways [CZ]O2 and [CZ]O2 (registrace) ( issue #436 )