Clzip is a lossless and open source data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm, with very safe integrity checking and a user interface similar to the one of gzip or bzip2.
Clzip decompresses almost as fast as gzip and compresses better than bzip2, which makes it well suited for software distribution and data archiving.
How to install and run: Unarchive, open a Terminal window, go to the Clzip's folder and run the following commands from the command line:
sudo make install
· Apple Xcode (to build from source)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Decompression time has been reduced by 1%.
· main.c (show_header): Show header version if verbosity >= 4.
· Ignore option '-n, --threads' for compatibility with plzip.
· configure: Options now accept a separate argument.