BetterZip is a simple yet powerful archiving application that allows you to create, update, preview and protect packages.
BetterZip is able to perform multiple actions on its own via the operations queue: let Mac OS X decide how many operations can be performed at the same time or set it manually.
BetterZip can also store passwords in order to automatically open protected archives. Moreover, you can create your own unarchiving presets and even assign them keyboard shortcuts..
NOTE: To buy BetterZip via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "BetterZip":
· It lets you quickly inspect archives without first extracting its contents.
· Easily add or extract files with Drag & Drop.
· Delete files from archives.
· Make archives compatible with Windows and Linux systems.
· Currently supported formats: zip, tar, gzip, bzip2.
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Spanish localization.
· You can now unset the default and service presets in the preset configuration.
· 1024px application icon for retina display Macs.
· Fixed a small memory leak.
· Fixed a crash when extracting 7-zip archives with a custom-set, invalid temp folder.
· DEB archives were not handled correctly in some cases.
· Fixed compression of symbolic links.
· Fixed the file attributes when extracting certain executables zipped on a Windows box.
· Extracting a single folder from a SIT archive didn't work.
· "No compression" didn't work for files larger than 4GB.
· When directly extracting a rar file, passwords were not tried automatically, even if the option to do so was set in the preferences.
· When changing the order of presets, the default choices were lost.
· Fixed the 1-click "Download & Install" function for the external rar commandline utility.