Skype is designed to help you make calls to computers, phones or mobile devices and chat with your friends using text messages, audio chats and video conferences.
Skype allows you to manage and store contacts and you can easily make calls to any Skype enabled device.
Skype is a great solution if you need to stay connected with your friends all over the world.
Here are some key features of "Skype":
· Phones and mobiles
· Conference calling
· Skype To Go
· Online number
· Call forwarding
· Caller ID
· Call transfer
· 1GHz Intel processor
· 100 MB free disk space.
· Either USB or regular headset if your Mac does not have a built-in microphone.
· For voice calls recommend broadband connection with 100 kbps down / 100 kbps up.
· For best quality a high-speed broadband connection of 4Mbps down/512kbps up and a computer with a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz processor. As a minimum you’ll need a high-speed broad connection of 512kbps down/128kbps up and a computer with a 1 GHz processor.
· For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Mac or higher plus webcams, and at least one person needs a group video calling subscription.
· Skype account.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Contact: Scroll bar did not display when sending multiple contacts.
· Contact: Could drag & drop contacts who are already existing participants in the conversation
· Calling: Call toolbar + button contextual menu items were live after sending contact request
· Calling: Call duration history was incorrectly displayed.
· Conversation: Chat input field switched to SMS mode when adding PSTN numbers to new conversation.
· Conversation: ‘Check Spelling While Typing” setting was not saved
· Generic: Detached conversation window did not open automatically after restarting Skype.
· File Transfer: Received file saved in Download folder when custom download folder was not discovered
· File Transfer: File transfer control buttons not presented after reconnection.
· Preferences: Skype froze when a user switched the ringing output to all devices from USB headset.