Second Life Notifier is designed to help you see which of your Second Life friends are online and when they go offline via Growl notifications.
Second Life Notifier also allows you to view your friends profile and details such as the avatar image, their picks and their locations.
Here are some key features of "Second Life Notifier":
- Get an audio alert or not when a friend gets online, a different audio alert when a friend gets offline and another audio alert when a friend changes location
- With one click, join your friends in Second Life at their exact location, as long as they gave you permission to see them on the map
- See who is in range of the SL Notifier server and who is on your land
- Initiate a conversation with someone by sending them a teleport offer to your server where you can then start chatting and getting their response
- Eject indesirable people from your land
- It has a 30 day trial period; after 30 days, some features will be disabled unless you buy the product.
- Fixes (again) a problem caused by changes that Linden did to the friends' web page which would cause Second Life Notifier not to show any friend online
- Adds an option to display the "Second Life" profile of an avatar. This is the same profile information that you get when you look at the profile of someone in Second Life. Note that at this time, it will work only for avatar that have their original name; it won't work if an avatar changed his name. There is currently no easy way to retrieve the original name of a given avatar, unfortunately.
- Adds a new search for the Second Life profile of an avatar by entering his name. The "Second Life" profile is the same profile you get when looking at the profile of someone in Second Life.
- New logout command so that you can login under a different avatar name. Note that you still need to have a registration number for that avatar, meaning you need to buy another server inworld and rezz it to get your registration number for that 2nd avatar.