Internal Chat 5.6.7
Smart, powerful, extendable, multiplatform enterprise instant messaging
Internal Chat is a corporate client-server chat (instant messaging) application. It is written completely in Java and thus can be run on any platform that supports Java like: Mac OS X, Windows, Linux and more.
- Instant messenger. Users are able to send messages and files. The server can be put inside the internal network and thus you do not have to worry about open networks security.
- Very simple for both users and system administrators.
- HTTP is used as transport protocol.
- SSL is supported.
- The number of defined message types is arbitrary.
- You can define your own template for every message type. For example, you can define tasks or some helpdesk boards (by now it must be programmed but in future I plan to make it look like plugins or server-side modules). By default two message types are defined in system: files and "common" messages.
- Added and removed users become available/unavailable immediately for all other users. No user interaction (like adding user into your contact list in ICQ) is needed.
- There are recipient lists for frequently used groups of recipients.
- Work time is counted (with an account of the periods when user does not work with his/her computer).
- History is kept on the server side and thus users will never loose their messages.
- The application is multiplatform. You can work with it under your favorite OS without any problems.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Linux "freeze" problem is fixed (application could freeze for 10-15 seconds under Linux before typing new message if there were a large amount of data in clipboard buffer).