24U SimpleTalk is a great plug-in that allows FileMaker Pro to communicate with another FileMaker Pro, the user and other applications via TCP/IP.
You can simply trigger scripts or evaluate calculations in remote FileMaker Pro clients, or seamlessly integrate FileMaker Pro with other TCP/IP capable applications, such as those created with Real Basic or Runtime Revolution. You can even also connect to and control your FileMaker Pro solution via Telnet!
Here are some key features of "24U SimpleTalk":
· Act as server, waiting for a TCP/IP connection from a client app/computer
· Run a script on demand from the client app/computer
· Evaluate a calculation on demand from the client app/computer
· Perform custom commands/actions depending on received data
· Act as client - connect to a server, send commands, wait for responses
· Talk to another instance of itself via TCP/IP
· Let users connect via Telnet and run a script or evaluate a calc
· FileMaker Pro 7.0v1 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes several issues with registration mechanism.