Softmatic Barcode is the ideal solution if you need barcodes for package design, book- and magazine covers, coupons, pharmaceuticals, labels, or other applications.
Softmatic Barcode is extremely easy to use, even if you are not an expert when it comes to barcodes.
Supported codes and symbologies:
· EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN 13 w/ Addon
· ISBN 10 / ISBN 13
· UPC-E, UPC-A
NOTE: To buy Softmatic Barcode via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Softmatic Barcode":
· First step in making barcodes is always to choose the right symbology or barcode type for the task. For package design you will want to use a UPC or EAN barcode, for magazine or book covers an ISSN / ISBN barcode will be required, for warehousing Code Two-of-Five or Code 128 could be used.
· Softmatic Barcode supports all common barcode symbologies in use today. This not only includes every day UPC barcodes like on grocery products, but also two-dimensional or stacked symbologies like QR cellphone barcodes and PDF417. In all BarcodeGenerator creates over twentythree different symbologies. See the barcode software specifications for a full list.
· UPC Barcode - The most used barcode family worldwide is the EAN/UPC code family. Softmatic Barcode creates both UPC-A and UPC-E (used in the US and Canada) as well as EAN 13 and EAN 8 (used in the rest of the world).
· To guarantee standards-compliant barcodes the software supports EAN/UPC SC sizes as well as EAN/UPC truncation.
· Databar Barcode - All seven Databar GS1 variations are supported: Omnidirectional, Omnidirectional Stacked, Expanded, Expanded Stacked, Truncated, Stacked, Limited.
· For Expanded and Expanded Stacked Databar, the software implements all compaction methods as defined by the ISO specifications, resulting in barcodes with the smallest possible space requirements. Softmatic Barcode also supports the GS1 coupon identifiers.
· ISBN13 Barcode - Softmatic Barcode has a dedicated option for creating the new ISBN 13 barcodes to be used on book covers. Also supported are ISSN codes (for periodicals) and two and five digit add-on barcodes for EAN 13 symbols.
· Code 128 GS1 Barcode - Softmatic Barcode has support for all Code 128 variations, including 128 GS1. The software will automatically choose the correct 128 subtype (128A, 128B, 128C) for your data. With 128 GS1, all application identifiers, including coupons, are supported.
· Variety of Export Options for Maximum Compatibility - Softmatic Barcode supports a wide selection of export file formats and output resolution for maximum compatibility. First choice for barcodes will always be the EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) format because the codes are generated as resolution independent vector graphics. This ensures best output quality on a variety of output devices from ink jet printer to type setter.
· EPS files can be imported without loss in quality by a wide range of design and DTP applications, like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Quark XPress, PageMaker and so on. For use in applications that can not handle EPS, e.g. word processors, barcodes can also be exported in one of the common raster image formats, like TIFF or PNG.
· 64-bit processor
· The output is restricted to low resolution PNG raster images
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Retina support
· Bug fix related to UPC-E