Smart Recorder is a very efficient time based note taking tool for iPhone, iPad and ultimately for Macs.
Smart Recorder allows the typing of textual notes as time based tags while recording. During playback, you can change the speed to quickly skim through less interesting pieces of a meeting.
As a result, the Smart Recorder tool enables you to take notes at a meeting efficiently. You start an audio recording at the beginning of a meeting. At any time, you can enter a tag to mark an important conversation at the meeting.
The tags are time stamped so you can easily jump back to important conversations on playback. Each tag can contain multiple lines of text so as to allow detailed note taking.
There is an auto pause feature that suspends recording when there is no noise. On playback, Smart Recorder provides a slider and arrow buttons to quickly move around a recording.
There is also a speed control for playback. Playback can be done either at normal speed, fast or slow. Fast playback allows you to listen to less interesting portions of a meeting more quickly.
Both the speed control and all of the controls for navigating the playback (the slider, arrow buttons and tags) can be used while the playback is running thus making it more convenient to scan the recordings.
Smart Recorder provides many methods to export your sessions. You can either email the text of your tags, or use wifi transfer or SyncDocs to transfer both the text and recordings.
You can use Box.net to archive your session. Your session can be downloaded on another device from Box.net with all your tags in their original place. Finally, you can post recordings to Facebook or Twitter
NOTE: To buy Smart Recorder via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Smart Recorder":
· Time based tags allow you to quickly jump back to important portions of a recording.
· Auto pause suspends recording when there is no sound. Recording starts again when talking resumes - perfect for conference room meetings.
· Multi speed playback allows you to skim uninteresting conversations quickly.
· A forward arrow skips 30 seconds of the recording.
· A back button allows you to repeat the last 30 seconds of the recording.
· You can append to existing recordings.
· A slider allows you to quickly navigate to any part of a long recording.
· Smart Recorder provides an export function that creates an HTML file with your tags and an audio file of a format of your choosing. (Use the preference window to change the format).
· There is a setting that controls the number of seconds the forward and back buttons move you if 30 seconds is not appropriate.
· The sampling rate can be set anywhere between 8000-44,100Hz. A lower sampling rate saves disk space while a higher rate gives better audio quality.
· You can set the noise (or quietness) threshold at which auto pause activates.
· The Lite version allows you to create sessions of up to three minutes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Critical bug fix