Scheduler for Macintosh is a powerful tool that lets you schedule applications, reminders or AppleScript applet launches, as well as the automatic download of web pages.
Users can also schedule alerts i order to remind them of forgotten tasks. Unlike other applications you can use iTunes songs or your own sounds so that your reminder will be accompanied by your favorite song or the sound of your baby laughing. Just record any sound with Scheduler's built-in Sound Manager.
Scheduler for Macintosh enables you to automate the launching of applications and the opening of documents in the application you want on a specific date and time, after a period of inactivity, or at computer startup.
Here are some key features of "Scheduler for Macintosh":
· Sophisticated reminder with many scheduling options, such as customizable pre-warnings, repeats, sounds, fonts and text size, with full unicode support (the latter feature is only available in v. 4.1 and later)
· Able to schedule the launch of applications, Applescripts, documents (in the desired application), web pages (in the desired web browser) and file downloads (in the desired web browser). Web browsers supported: Safari, Internet Explorer, Netscape, iCab, Opera, OmniWeb, Camino and Mozilla Firebird. Other browsers are probably supported but have not been tested. For instance, with Scheduler for Macintosh you can schedule the automatic download of a web page when you startup your computer on a given date and time or after a period of inactivity. Start up your computer or take a coffee break. When you're back, ALL your favorite web pages will be ready for you on your favorite web browser!
· Able to import sounds in many formats such as MP3, Snd resources, AIFF and AIFF-C. Able to record sounds as well, as long as your computer has a microphone or CD player. These sounds can be later used to remind you of a meeting you cannot miss.
· Import, export, organize and rename scheduled events as you do files and folders in the Finder. Scheduler for Macintosh features a special purpose window that mimicks the Mac OS Finder. Instead of dealing with files, you are dealing with your scheduled events. Thus, if you know how to work with the Mac OS Finder you will know how to work with Scheduler for Macintosh in no time.
· Use Scheduler for Macintosh to schedule your scripts. You can target specific script handlers, and pass arguments to them. Download Scheduler for Macintosh now!
· QuickTime 6.7
· Although Scheduler for Macintosh has become freeware, registration is mandatory after a 30-day trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A bug causing the background app Timer to rev up to a 100% busy state and increase its allocated memory steadily when the user chose the repeat option "every hour" has been fixed
· Yet another bug preventing the proper display of due time of groups has been fixed
· A bug preventing the proper sorting of children events upon group expansion has been fixed