RescueTime is a web-based time management tool that will greatly improve your project management efficiency.
RescueTime sits in the background and measures which site is in focus and for how long.
RescueTime automatically stops measuring if your mouse and keyboard aren’t used for 2 minutes or more. It also allows you to manually stop measuring via a “pause” button.
Moreover, RescueTime can show you your total Firefox time, what percent of your browsing is “productive”, and how your browsing productivity compared to hundreds of thousands of users across the world.
You can check out detailed browsing stats to see how much time you spend on individual web sites and apps, which days your most productive on, and more.
Here are some key features of "RescueTime":
· The Dashboard
· The RescueTime Dashboard is your starting point, giving a bird's eye view of how you spend your time. Remember: RescueTime doesn't record what apps or sites you have open, but rather what app or site you are paying attention to!
· Easily Group Apps and Sites using Tags
· RescueTime really begins to sing once you've tagged the apps that you use most often. The tagging interface is designed to allow you to quickly label your untagged apps with the tags that make the most sense to you. We've found that you only need to tag a few dozen most-often-used apps to get exceptional value out of RescueTime.
· Be More Productive with Goals
· Knowing how you spend your time is just the first (very important) step. You can set goals, like "spend less than an hour per day on blogs/news sites" or "spend at least 5 hours a day writing".
· Stay Up to Date with Alerts
· With a few goals set up, you can elect to receive daily summaries of how you're doing on those goals (via RSS) or receive real-time alerts when you exceed a goal target.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Version 4 compatible