Plone is a content management system that is based on Python and Zope and allows you to build websites.
Plone is designed to be very powerful and will help you create your own website. The webpages created with Plone can include all kind of content such as text, images, audio files or entire documents.
Here are some key features of "Plone":
· Blazing fast
· Easy to use
· Easy to install + upgrade
· Neutral without being boring
· Uses a modern, table-less, grid-based design
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Dexterity content type framework - Provide the Dexterity content type framework, a modern alternative to Archetypes. More information is available in the Dexterity documentation.
In-Plone theme editor - Create, edit, and share Diazo themes directly from your Plone site.
· Plain text searches now ignore accents - Improves Plone's search engine to ignore accents when finding content.
· Improved Syndication - Added support for Atom, iTunes feed formats. RSS syndication settings are now managed from a Plone control panel. Provide extra hooks for easier feed output customization.
· Updated Content Rules interface - The content rules control panel UI has been updated to be easier to manage and create content rules by using overlays and AJAX. There is also a new ability to filter content rules, easily enable/disable rules and easily apply a rule to the root of the site.
· API for password validation policy - Provide an API allowing configuration of password strength requirements.
· Unified batc...