PassagePlus is a great navigation application designed to provide support to leisure sailors.
PassagePlus is great for passage planning on electronic charts and live navigation. PassagePlus will show your current location and will monitor your movement on the chart by using either an attached GPS or traditional navigation techniques.
PassagePlus also provides support for ship detection via AIS, providing a safety warning system for those on the water and full current and historical records for ship spotters.
Here are some key features of "PassagePlus":
· Passage planning
· Live navigation
· Ship detection
· Chart management
· Passage data library and archive
· This demo version allows you to open only five demo charts
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [NEW] Added the option to display the names of waypoints and/or routepoints permanently (rather than having to roll over a point to reveal its details). Toggle on or off in the View menu. Displaying these labels may slow down scrolling in some cases.
· [FIXED] Fixed incorrect AIS decoding of a ship's estimated time of arrival that gave rise to some very strange-looking dates.
· [FIXED] Fixed incorrect handling of AIS message type 24, which is sent in two separate parts. This caused a ship's name to appear sometimes and then mysteriously disappear.
· [IMPROVED] Added Galileo to the list of recognised position-fixing device types for AIS.
· [FIXED] Fixed a crash that would occur if attempting to sort the Routes or Regions table by name or length.
· [IMPROVED] When dragging a bearing, the end point is no longer highlighted (previously it was highlighted if the drag started within 0.1s of the shift key being pressed).
· [SEMI-FIXED] When dragging a bearing, if it goes haywire and gets into a beeping...