My Medical is a comprehensive record-keeping app for your personal medical information. It's the perfect replacement for unreliable paper records or various electronic systems that hold bits and pieces of your medical history.
My Medical allows you to keep all the information that is important to you in one place.
NOTE: To buy My Medical via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "My Medical":
· It's for the whole family - My Medical isn't just one medical record. You can keep as many records as you want. Use it for a spouse or aging parents. Use it to keep immunization records for your children. Use it to look after a special needs child. Doctors, nurses and clinicians: use My Medical to maintain notes about your patients.
· 21st century record-keeping - At heart, My Medical is a thorough database that's yours to control and change. But it's nice to have some help, which is why the app offers autocompletion and autosuggestion for a wealth of medical jargon, including prescription drug names; vaccinations; common afflictions; life support options; laboratory units; and much more. That means more time keeping track of what's important, and less time trying to remember (or spell) the name of that medication.
· A medical record and more - Areas for emergency contacts, health insurance, doctors' contact information, and other data that are not strictly part of a traditional personal health record (PHR) are all available. And if you already have medical contacts in your address book, then perfect, because My Medical can import it in one click. There's no need to retype it all.
· And it works with your calendar - My Medical will automatically put doctor's appointments, upcoming lab tests, and prescription refill reminders on your Mac's calendar. You can even set reminder alarms directly from the app, without ever going into your calendar.
· A digital file cabinet - What about photographs, labwork, x-rays and other important documents that can't be typed directly in? My Medical devotes an entire area to extra files that can be attached to your record. Not only that, you can tie files to particular items anywhere within your information. So add a picture of the pill next to a medication. Keep a copy of your insurance card alongside a provider's contact information.
· From blood tests to X-rays - My Medical provides a range of common test result templates for you to track test results. To name just a few: blood pressure; cholesterol; metabolic panels; blood sugar; CAT scan; height and weight. If that isn't enough, construct and customize your own test results to keep track of exactly what you need.
· Visualize it - Chart test results with sophistication and discover trends over time. With the charting feature you can view multiple graphs simultaneously and even see moving averages to uncover long term changes.
· It's secure - Unlike most other health record applications, data is stored right on your Mac, not on remote servers. So you don't need to worry about who can see your data at the other end of the line. In fact, My Medical does not connect to the Internet at all and doesn't send out any private or diagnostic information, making it as secure as possible. As a further safety measure, you may require a password in order to view all or certain parts of your information.
· In case of emergency - My Medical is a valuable aid for EMTs, first responders, or those who may need to quickly find out emergency instructions. Even if you have password-protected the app, certain information can be made accessible in the event of an emergency.
· Standards compatible - My Medical supports the industry standard Continuity of Care Record (CCR) format of personal medical record transmission between systems. The long and the short of it: if you already have records in other system like Google Health or Microsoft HealthVault, then it's a breeze to automatically move much of that data to My Medical instead of having to manually retype it.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Your most recent export and graph preferences are now remembered
· Useful new export preferences
· Much improved print & PDF formatting of records
· Zoom and pan around graphs with ease
· The sidebar can be hidden to save space
· New urinalysis test templates
· You can now specify the database location directly from the preferences
· A bug has been fixed causing "dd/mm/yyyy"-style dates to be misunderstood