WebViewer Component will allow you to break the barrier between the WebViewer and FileMaker.
The FileMaker WebViewer control is very powerful, but it was somewhat isolated from the rest of FileMaker. There was very little interaction between it and FileMaker. But not anymore.
Remember the MBS Plug-in already includes functions that are able to do the following:
· Execute SQL on your FileMaker Tables
· Create Audit Logs
· Create, Drop, and Alter FileMaker tables and indexes.
· Update data in other tables on field edit.
· Control Window widgets, buttons, and transparancy.
· Trigger Scripts
· Execute VBScript on windows, and get extended Applescript support on Macintosh.
· Capture Screenshots to container fields
· Store are retrieve session variables
Here are some key features of "MBS Filemaker Plugin":
· Call FileMaker Scripts from Web Pages
· Read and write directly to and from Web Forms.
· Dynamically control the content of the Web Viewer.
· Makes Data URLs even more useful!
· Include interfaces built with AJAX/DHTML and Flash on your FileMaker layout
· FileMaker Pro 7.0 or later
· 50 MB hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added more DynaPDF functions.
· Improved String.EncodeURLComponent to encode the way we need for Twitter search.
· Fixed Addressbook functions to load on older Mac OS X versions.
· Added SystemInfo.IdleTime function for Mac and Windows.