JumpBox for Tracks 1.8.1
Dominate your todo list with an elegant implementation of the "Getting Things Done" methodology
If you find yourself overwhelmed by tasks that are either slipping through the cracks or being procrastinated, learn the GTD system and stick with it using Tracks.
Desktop-based GTD implementations are traditionally preferred for their responsiveness but Tracks is different. It's a web-based application that uses an AJAX interface to deliver the responsiveness of a desktop app while offering the power of a web app.
Access your todo list from anywhere: your work computer, a public terminal or even your mobile phone. And because it's a JumpBox you can begin by hosting it from your desktop and move it to a dedicated server once you need ubiquitous access.
Tracks supports multiple users. Set up a single, centrally-hosted instance and get your entire office staff on the GTD system.
Tagging combined with granular syndication capabilities make it possible to monitor individual tasks by user, project, tag or context. With an active development community behind it this project is evolving rapidly and incorporating more powerful features each month.
JumpBox simplifies your server software deployments with pre-built, pre-configured virtual applications that deploy in minutes.
A JumpBox packages an application's software, dependencies, and application data into a single virtual application that deploys locally, or hosted to major computing, virtualization, and cloud computing platforms.
Swiftly deploy on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems to virtualization platforms like VMware, Xen, Parallels, Virtual Iron, Microsoft Virtualization, and Amazon EC2.
- Extensibility via REST API The RESTful architecture of Tracks means it can be extended to communicate easily with other systems.
- This enables integration with legacy systems as well as the ability for third parties to extend it with useful interfaces (ie. AIR desktop clients and native mobile device applications).
- Flexible syndication options Tracks has support for RSS and iCal feeds.
- Setup notifications and receive only the alerts you need to your RSS reader or email client.
- Have your deadlines show up automatically on your existing calendar.
- Numerous Import/Export options Move data effortlessly in and out of Tracks using whichever format is most convenient (XML, YAML, CSV).
- Have the piece of mind that your data is free to be migrated or repurposed at any time.
- Support for Multiple users A single instance of Tracks can support multiple, isolated user accounts. Maintain one instance and serve an entire office.
- AJAX interface Experience the responsiveness and feel of a desktop application with all the advantages of a web-based app.
- Mobile interface Use a streamlined UI and interact with your tasks via your mobile device.
- Contexts, Projects, Tagging, Searching Organize your items on various dimensions for maximum convenience of presentation and retrieval. Intuitive drag & drop controls allow you to quickly prioritize todo's.
- An intuitive user interface to quickly guide users through deployment.
- A web-based control panel for simplified management of system functions.
- Jumpbox also offers a backup system that enables data portability and security.
JumpBox for Tracks
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Tracks has been updated to version 2.2.2.
- This is a security update to Tracks. See the changelog for more detail: https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/blob/v2.2.2/doc/CHANGELOG
- It should be possible to upgrade via the JumpBox backup mechanism from JumpBox version 1.1.0 and higher.